PDA

View Full Version : Last Train to Happiness (Final year uni Project)

iainbanks
04-13-2005, 12:50 PM
http://server146.ideal-dns.com/~bexlyqvo/images/animations/screenshot01.jpg

http://server146.ideal-dns.com/~bexlyqvo/images/animations/ltth.avi

Its a short animation dipicting the journey to work of a lonely office clerk. He passes by a place called happiness everyday but the train never stops. One day he pushes the emergency stop and gets off.

Software- 3ds max 7 (modelling)
Softimage (aniamtion, rendering etc)
Combuistion, Premiere

Theres still a few scenes i want to add and a few that i want to rerender.

All crits welcome

Pawnee
04-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Nice short! I liked it! The story is quite good, with the long of completing a dream, and actually do it, but in the end I was thinking: "euh, and what now?". Well, we have to use our imagination I guess :)

But: On the railwaystation the black people walk very synchronical (bad spelled, sry). Maybe that was by purpose, but to better show the "chaos", it would be better if they walked more random.

;)

Pawnee

iainbanks
04-14-2005, 05:42 PM
Cheers Pawnee

I would have like to have done more at the end of the animation but because it was a uni project with a tight deadline i had to end it where it did.

Totally agree with you about the timing of the shadow characters, I intend to go back and redo a couple of scene giving them slightly staggered motions.

acjwalker
05-03-2005, 11:08 AM
Iain i dont expect anything else from you, lovely piece of work. I like the shadow people walking the smae gives the impression of everyone complying to how the world should be and are corporation robots. I know the changes you are going to make and I think you will have a beautiful piece when you have changed them (not that it aint already)

CGTalk Moderation
05-03-2005, 11:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.