PDA

View Full Version : [HELP/ESSAY] The Influence of Virtual Comunities on Digital Creation

R
04-13-2005, 11:08 AM
Hello all, my name is Ricardo Correia and im a Digital Arts Student @ Universidade Catlica Portuguesa, Porto, Portugal 3rd year.
Im making and essay about the influence of virtual comunities on digital creation. I choose this theme because its something personally related and that I never thought about it much, and to post on this forum, because its the one I follow most (althought I rarely post) I havent used it to showcase my work, for now its just to keep me updated on whats beeing done around the world.

The help and participation I need from you, is to share in what way comunities like CGTalk influence you and your work, and you can do it by writting to me, showing works, sharing thoughts, whatever you decide thats helpfull.
Ill need your bio stats, name, ocupation, are of interest or expertise... and you either your oppinion or experiences on a small text, or a summary report, using your works, from sketch to final, stating in what way the comunity helped and influenced you, write and show once again, anything that you fell its important, remarks and crits, why did you followed them or not, it doesnt need to be very elaborated, just a summary of this steps.
Im aware that CGNetworks is currently hosting a contest, unfortunely it could be a great opportunity for me to follow this process, butthe deadline for this paper ends before this contest does, altought Im following it anyway, so far i've seen some great entries, eitherway if someone participated on past contests can reply about them or o any older work that was made.
About the reports, the final result has its wheight, but the most important thing is how you show the evolution of it, since thats what im going to study on.

On a more personal side and kinda explanation, some of you may think why dont I make something and witness the process myself, two reasons: first I wanted feedback from different people on the comunity, and second, unfortunely, beeing beeing a digital arts student, the first three years are 80% theory, tha the little stuff that we do (decent works at least) are a couple of real image short movies, some post production and stuff, but like I said, its theory all the way, for now just some flash, director and couple of maya works, the "real" thing is only on 4th and 5th year. I try to do stuff on my own, but between uni, work and trying to be "updated" on art events, movies etc... isnt easy, also having everything that i made wiped out out from a minute ot the other just because both my hdds decided to die all the sudden, didnt help... kinda made a backup freak now lol.
Anyway i'm askink you to share your thoughts and experience about this, replies are free to everyone here, I just ask you to follow the requirements above. Ill try to follow this as much as I can, im netless at home (finally only one month left for my 4mb line to be installed) so xcepet mondays Ill check it on weekdays, same for my mail.
One last thing, reply on this post, or mail me to rcrcorreia@gmail.com (mailto:rcrcorreia@gmail.com) small texts can be posted here, it helps a future discussion on this, but the work reports to keep the thread "clean" its better that are sent by mail.

Thank ypu everyone for your time reading this and thanks in advance for your help. Sry for the bad english...

Ricardo "R" Correia

jmBoekestein
04-13-2005, 05:10 PM
Some very good observations are allready here Process Or Product? (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=229927)

Maybe I'll have time to help you out. Never know what might come up.

R
04-14-2005, 09:44 AM
thanks, there's some interesting stuff on that thread

ty for your interest

CGTalk Moderation
04-14-2005, 09:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.