PDA

View Full Version : After Effects 6.5 debug problem

chromiumjade
04-13-2005, 07:16 AM
I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm having problem debugging plugins using vs.net. I had no problem compiling the plugin. However, when going into debug mode, it attempts to open AE (which I think it should), then throws an error along the lines of "....dll does not have debug information....". In the project settings, the executable for the debug session is set for afterfx.exe. I've also got the QT6SDK installed and its location has also been added to the project settings. In addition, I did search cgtalk and found one thread that addressed this issue but there was no new information that I could use.

What other settings do I need to be able to properly debug?

Thanks for all your help....it's making me batty! :banghead:

cyberluigi2k
04-13-2005, 09:39 AM
I haven't done this for After effects, but when you do a plugin for Max you have to set the runtime library to "Multi-threaded Debug DLL", instead the "Multi-threaded Debug" that comes as default. (This is under c/c++ > code generation > runtime library)

hope this helps

/Lui

chromiumjade
04-13-2005, 03:58 PM
I think I might have made that change...or at least poked around the runtime library. But it's a good reminder for me to check.

Thank you!

sbp
04-13-2005, 08:44 PM
Hi,

That's usually the error you'll see if you're trying to debug with a release compile. Make sure you're set for debug build in the configuration manager. Other than that, check your project properties under C/C++ Preprocessor to make sure _DEBUG is set.

chromiumjade
04-13-2005, 10:38 PM
I checked to see if I was in release mode - I'm not and _DEBUG is listed in C/C++ preprocessor directives. What's really peculiar is that I can successfully debug code example "Persisto" but I can't seem to debug anything else. I'm not changing settings from project to project....I'm just working my way down all the examples.

Anything else I can check? Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
04-13-2005, 10:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.