PDA

View Full Version : Camera

what_happened
04-12-2005, 07:48 PM
I don't know if this is the proper place to post this... but...

My company is looking for a camera to shoot video. We are on a small budget. The video will be brought into After Effects for compositing. The final video will be for CD. It will basically be a person talking about the product and such.

The video projects and camera usage will be small... maybe 4 projects a year.

Anyone have a recommendation where we can get the best bang for our buck, with as many options as possible?

thanks

Integrity
04-13-2005, 01:39 AM
There are A LOT of cameras out there that will get you to where you want to go...but it's all about preference. I'd suggest you search the Internet for information. Google can be your best friend a lot of the time.

Type in "digital video camera review" or something like that and you should get a load of responses.

If you want a high-end consumer SD camera get the Canon GL2, the Canon XL2, or the Panasonic DX-1000 (I think that's the name, it was a 24P that's all I remember).

If it's just simple product visualization/description thing and you don't really need a what they termed "professional" camera than anything from regular department or electronic stores will do. They will have there faults/bad things about them....but usually that's based on people's opinion. The technology for SD to some is at it's high, and they can all be very affordable. Some SVGA webcams might even work for you.

And also if your only doing 4 a year...than you could also rent a higher quality camera too...I've looked into somethings like this and found a rental price for the GL2 to be 125$ for a weekend where I live. That's high for me...but the option is out there.

I hope this helps.

marchermann
04-13-2005, 10:17 AM
I would agree that you should rent the camera and spend the saved money on good lighting and a good crew. This will go a long way to make the production look more professional and high-quality than just having the super-camera.

Marc

gardocki
04-15-2005, 05:04 PM
If it's just going to be on CD, it sounds like you wouldn't need more than a good-quality consumer camcorder. There's a lot of good information and reviews at www.camcorderinfo.com (http://www.camcorderinfo.com) for both consumer and pro-level cameras.

CGTalk Moderation
04-15-2005, 05:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.