PDA

View Full Version : fields or not

jason-slab
10-01-2002, 01:50 PM
hey

just wondering,
if i render a object sequence from 3d for compositing, should it be in fields or is it ok to just renders straight.

|jason

jason-slab
10-03-2002, 09:19 AM
what about this

if i need to scale or rotate the 3d sequence, won't the fields go all wierd

|jason

fred
10-04-2002, 09:59 AM
if you field render the whole thing and set the footage controls right, it will all be fine, only thing is that things will get a bit blurry compared to rotating a frame rendered sequence.

ilasolomon
10-04-2002, 11:17 AM
if i need to scale or rotate the 3d sequence, won't the fields go all wierd

for doing that to "rendered to fields" footages, you need to check
"seperate fields" first.

iTHiNK
10-11-2002, 08:03 PM
OK -- Here's the deal.

If you are going to scale the footage in any way -- do not render with fields. Instead, render out at 60fps and interpret the footage at 29.97 for NTSC once you are in AE/Combustion.

If you are not going to scale the footage in any way -- then go ahead and render at 30fps with fields... it may save you some render time. Now you interpret the footage as 29.97 and set the field dominance correctly.

-

Hope that helps... :)

fred
10-12-2002, 03:18 PM
if you render your animation with 60fps and then tell ae to interpret it as 29.97 (iīm really glad we donīt have ntsc in europe :cool: ) wonīt after effects just drop every 2nd frame instead of interlacing those frames?
i guess the best thing would be just using frames, you donīt really need fields that often?

iTHiNK
10-14-2002, 06:41 PM
You are right... sorry -- I was thinking too fast on that one... you have to interpret it at 59.94 fps and then it will create fields from each one of your frames.

skidd
10-15-2002, 12:07 AM
hey, i don't understand, maybe because my english is really bad. so...

if i render anything with 59.94 frame p/ second and, make this footage to AE/C* with 29.97fps (CTRL+F AE shortcut) they will make a frame field automatic?

it's really work? i don't need make more anything?

:surprised

skidd
10-16-2002, 11:22 PM
Please, anyone, i need the awnser :_(

--//

hey, i don't understand, maybe because my english is really bad. so...

if i render anything with 59.94 frame p/ second and, make this footage to AE/C* with 29.97fps (CTRL+F AE shortcut) they will make a frame field automatic?

it's really work? i don't need make more anything?

//--

thanks hehe.:bounce:

Zeppeliner
10-20-2002, 12:59 PM
I would only render to fields if the output was designed to be put straight on to a medium for displaying on a tv (interlaced is said to cause less jerky motion on tvs vs progressive material, personally I have never seen this happen, only if the field order is wrong). If it's to be used further in production, then use full frames (no fields).

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.