PDA

View Full Version : A question about the Bodypaint 3D,Thanks!

Laixin
04-12-2005, 06:46 AM
I use the Bodypaint 3D 2.0 to draw some textures for a game,everything is great.But i have a problem about the light . I want to turn off the default light,just like we do in the Maya("Light"menu-->Use NO Lights).I want to confirm if we could get the same effect in the BodyPaint 3D.

Thanks!

lonelycheeto
04-24-2005, 08:48 PM
render->rendersettings->options....

turn off autolight

i think thats what your looking for right? sorry if not :(

Ribking
04-26-2005, 01:02 PM
I think I am in the same boat as Laixin, so I'll post my question here also.

What I would like to know if there a way to view the model in the viewport with anything other than default lighting? What lonelycheeto previously suggested only seems to affect the lighting of a render, not the actual lighting in the viewport. A global illumination render can be created by adding a light to the scene (Tools -> Objects -> Light), then, while in the attributes for the light, goto the "Details" tab, and turn on "Ambient Illumination". But, this global illumination is dependent upon a render of the scene. Usually when I am texturing a model, or viewing textured models (I use max), I turn the self illumination up to 100% so that none of the default lighting (and therefore shadows) is seen. Is there something similar to object illumination pre-render in bodypaint?

Laixin, if this is not the same issue you were describing, then I apologize.

kuui
04-27-2005, 07:42 AM
i dont know what you mean exactly but if you dont want to have shadows in the viewport but plain light, switch the shading under "display" from gourad shading to another one.

Ribking
04-27-2005, 08:44 PM
kuui,
The only other option (that I can see) that still displays the mesh, is the "Quick Shading" mode. There is no noticable difference between gouraud and quick shading in the viewport.

Laixin,
While it seems that what we are both trying to accomplish is not currently possible, I think I can offer a work-around solution. It starts with creating a global illumination light (see my previous post for how to do this). Go back into paint mode via the paintbrush icon, then goto Render -> Raybrush Render View (or hit ctrl+R). It will render the scene with GI, but it will also allow you to use the paintbrush on the mesh. Since it is a render, as soon as you move the viewport, you will go back to the viewport display. I've been messing around with this method for about an hour or so, and it gives me the results I want. So....you CAN paint with global illumination (or any other lighting scheme you want), it's just a teensy bit cumbersome.

Hope this helps.

Laixin
04-28-2005, 03:14 AM
Ribking,

That is a good idea (Tools -> Objects -> Light),and just what I need.Thank you very much.I telled my colleagues about this method. Thanks again! :)

Ribking
04-28-2005, 11:25 AM
Awesome!
Glad I could help.

CGTalk Moderation
04-28-2005, 11:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.