PDA

View Full Version : HELLP!!! My first Rig!

Xellos
10-01-2002, 11:11 AM
ok i need a decent esay to controll Human rig. bones ik chains and links included. ( max 4 )
At the moment I been trying to set up a 5 to foot with point helpers. and for some reason after i ad a few links the foot bone set up literaly knots up! its frustrating i been stalled on this 1 week now. i have the basic skelleton i think. i got the spine moving up from a larg helper point at the hip and the legs are going down from the point. and i'm asuming i stop right befor the toes, and then do each toe seprately then link them to the last bone. i think its same with hands. now the part realy trubling me is setting them up so they work as they should realisticly. and simple controlls would be preferd. and then setting up the skelleton to move the body... which i'll need assistance on. good tutorials... or just tell me how to do.. and if you do please make it detailed and simple cuz i don't know all 3d terms yet! Thank you so much!

p.s. if you wanna see the character i'm trying to rig... ceck out the work in progress forum :)

pete
10-02-2002, 05:44 AM
Check out the rigs at this site. www.pepeland.com .
These are the best I've seen so far. I'm also working on a rig at the moment and I'll try to post it once it's done but that will still be a few weeks away..

Xellos
10-02-2002, 06:16 AM
I didn't find a Single rig tuorial ( eather that or i'm not looking in the right area ) there just a bunch of galleries and models and 1 tutorial( patch work ). I't might be my fault for lacking detail in my problem... My problem IS I don't know how to do the rigging.. i can make the skelleton fine. but when it coms time to add controll points, IK chains and linking them... This is where I HAVE NO clue what to do on likning and setting up controlls.. lat attept just knotted up Literaly =(.

How my curent format is of the skelly: i have 1 controll point ( point helper ) that symbolizes my hip i work the spine up from the helper.. to the head ( 1 long bone sits in the head.. i work the legs down from the point.. (i make 1 and mirror it.) the leg is 3 bones upper leg, lower leg, and foot bone and i do the toes seprately and link them all to the foot bone. now the arms i do 1 and mirror it. it is 5 bones collar bone ( which gets linked to a bone in the spine about in the upper chest area), upper arm, lower arm, wrist, and hand bones.. and again i make all the fingers seprately and link them tot he hand bone. now my area of need is setting up the IK chains ( hi solver ) controll points, linking and then setting up animation controlls. and then i have NO CLUE, never tried... setting up face rigs...

ty

p.s. I use max 4. I'm bad with rods so pictures help me alot as long as theres some explination to go with em.

Xellos
10-02-2002, 06:38 AM
The model the skelleton is going to... her body is done.... i just need to make some better clothes.

KiboOst
10-02-2002, 07:14 AM
Have a look here, it is how making the Lara's one (the leg/foot, I will post the rest soon)
http://www.kicrea.com/experimentations/rigging/pieds/rigging_foot.php3 a lot of learning here !

hope helpfull

Kib

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.