PDA

View Full Version : 25 fps to NTSC DV for DVD problam

Rapier
04-11-2005, 11:13 PM
Hello all. I usually call myself fairly AE savvy, but this one has got me stumped. There is a really nice movie online I found at 25 fps. The video dimensions are not the correct size, but that can be fixed easily. My problem is this:

I want to take that piece of video, blow it up slightly to fit into a 720X480 format to be used to burn a DVD and watch it. The problem is of course going from 25 fps to 29.97 and maintaining audio sync. I just cannot get it to work. I have tried opening the video in its own composition and ten nesting that into a 29.97 and resizing, I have tried to use Posterize time on the nested layer to force it to go to 29.97, and have tried to go into the interpret footage dialogue box and make changes there I thought would help. The video, with frame blending on is coming out ok, but the audio and dialogue get many seconds out of sync almost immediately, and then simply continues to worsen. Is there something which much be done to the audio channel apart from the video to make them match/sync, and if so, how bad will that throw off the quality of the audio?

I know this sounds like a newbie question and I know I should be able to get it to work, but damn me if I can get them correct.

Again, I just want to go from 25 fps to 29.97 for DVD and have the audio sync with the video.

Thanks for any help.

Rapier
04-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Any suggestions please?

gray117
04-20-2005, 07:56 PM
I too have had similar problems. (with 24fps to 30 and 25 to 30 or 29.97).

Honestly the best advice i can give you is do a PAL dvd at 720*480 (which is natively 25fps). Its what i do now with my 3d stuff cos its not worth the hassle (in rendering at 30fps and/or fiddling sound and video afterwards).

But ... if you don't want to do this and want to change fps of sound (in my basic terms :-). Then from my experiments the BeSweet prgram (or gui program) :-

http://besweet.notrace.dk/

is a simple bet. (has loads of options but don't worry just concentrate on what you want and it'll get there) . Is free too i think. Theres also a couple of tutorials out and about too...

Rapier
04-21-2005, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the info!:)

CGTalk Moderation
04-21-2005, 01:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.