PDA

View Full Version : max verts

Dr-spline
10-01-2002, 07:48 AM
Im still learning xsi from max and theres a few parts of modeling im dont know(probobly more than i realise) how do you mass select verts? i went to my move point tool but that only works for clicking indevidual verts. Im stil trying to figure out how this manual works. it seems to be a scripting alone manual.

Dr-spline
10-01-2002, 08:49 AM
ok i see it in 1280 res but the manual question stands

EdHarriss
10-01-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Dr-spline
ok i see it in 1280 res but the manual question stands

Seems like you are reading the Scripting manual, not the XSI manuals. (Animation, Shading and Lighting, Modeling, etc...) If you can not find them, have a look at this: http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~roys/softimage_xsi/mainmenu.htm

It's for 1.5, but I'll get you going in the right direction.

Atyss
10-01-2002, 01:49 PM
To move several vertices at once, well, select them!

Seriously, press T and draw a rectangular selection around the points you want to move, then click on the translation tools to move them.

You should order the experience CD. There you have all the manuals.

Hope this helps
Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

toma
10-01-2002, 03:13 PM
I am slowly discovering XSI too, and here is what I know so far about that :

F7 is for rectangle selection (your case) : you draw a rectangle around a polygon and it selects
F8 is for lasso selection
F9 can't remember :)
F10 "single" selection : you click a polygon and it selects

Does this help ?

Dr-spline
10-01-2002, 09:15 PM
the reason That I couldnt find that was because i had 1024 display. I switched to 1280 and the right pannel showed. Ed you showed me that before, very usfull; is that the same manual? Where is the xsi manual on my hd?
C:\Softimage\XSI_2.03\Doc\XSI
that seems to be the scripting manual

EdHarriss
10-02-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Dr-spline
Where is the xsi manual on my hd?
C:\Softimage\XSI_2.03\Doc\XSI
that seems to be the scripting manual

I believe it's either on the XSI Cds or it's an option when you install. (I can't remember at the moment) Perhaps you didn't install them? Either way, there should be HTML and PDF versions on the CDs somewhere.

Dr-spline
10-02-2002, 08:38 PM
yea there on the cd thanks to everyone.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.