PDA

View Full Version : Choosing a compositing software?

Pathfinder
04-11-2005, 09:29 PM
I was wondering what is a better program to use in general. Should i go with adobe after affects of discreets combustion?

Aneks
04-12-2005, 02:34 AM
Not to try and sound like a mod ....

BUT

do a search on this topic it has been discussed heavily before !

Pathfinder
04-12-2005, 03:14 AM
Ok i searched and i found the answer. Sorry for the useless post.

hiphopcr
04-12-2005, 06:03 PM
What conclusion did you come to?

Pathfinder
04-12-2005, 07:45 PM
Well from what i have found, they both seem to be fairly equal in what they do. After Affects is easier to use but it doesnt have as many cool effects you can use. Combustion is a much more powerfuller tool in that it can do many more effects but it costs more than after effects. I went with adobe after affects and it is a nice and simple program to use if you know about photoshop because it has similar tool bars. It is good to use for simple animations and effects. Personally i believe that either one will suit many peoples needs. It is just a matter of personal preference.

MarLon
04-13-2005, 10:33 AM
we have AE, Combustion and Digital Fusion and I can say that I use Digital Fusion for color correction, keying, tracking/stabilizing and transfering HD to PAL (we have digital fusion that shipped with our Leitch/DPS montage system). After Effects is used for animation and final composite. My opinion is while Combustion is more complete (better) package than AE or DF unfriendly interface is not suitable for projects that must be done quickly.

CGTalk Moderation
04-13-2005, 10:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.