PDA

View Full Version : Constrain to one axis with Drag tool

takkun
10-01-2002, 07:28 AM
I'm trying to figure out a way to constrain the Drag tool to one axis when using it in the perspective view. The Ctrl modifier does this but it doesn't always pick the axis I want. Does anyone know of a tool/lscript/plug-in that is a drag tool with 3 modifier keys (for X,Y,Z) so that I can easily move points orthagonally in a perspective view.

Eugeny
10-01-2002, 07:37 AM
Middle mouse button - but it's the same like ctrl ...

proton
10-01-2002, 03:19 PM
it picks the axis you first move on.....

Jimstein
10-01-2002, 06:11 PM
Well in Orthogonal view it works well but in perspective… sometimes you have to try and try and… do this; rotate the view somewhat.. zoom out or do something else and it will probably work better the next time.

I think there still is no way to split this on several buttons… if it could be as in A|M or XSI . :drool: that would have been great!

Lightwave Is still a 4 window application… that is boring for us like me who like do everything in one perspective view.

proton
10-01-2002, 06:17 PM
I don't try and constrain movement in Perspective view...I use all 4 windows when I model...perspective view is great for selecting and getting a great view of the model....IMHO:thumbsup:

takkun
10-01-2002, 08:16 PM
I understand the concept of having 4 viewports but sometimes a point is easy to select in the perspective view but impossible to find in a wireframe orthographic view. I could drop the drag tool and then select the point so that I can see it in the other views but that's very time consuming.

Do any of the many prolific Lscripters out there take requests for new tools?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.