PDA

View Full Version : Bou Jou newbie help

Shayder
04-11-2005, 07:34 PM
I have two shots that I need to track in BouJou. I went through the tutorials and I need some help!.

Shot one: A dolly from right to left. about 40 feet long. Two people pretending to look at a non-existent building. We measured the distance from the lense of the camera to the markers (where the building is supposed to be) once from the left end of the track, the middle, the right end. We measured the distance of the lense from the ground . My question is where do I input values such as these types of measurements?

Shot 2: A person is holding a folded book. the camera follows the person holding the book as he puts it down on a table and folds it open. The book is blank except for several tracking markers on the pages. The whole shot is to be of a map that will have buildings grow out of it and such. How do I track this? I need a cg map to stick to the book the guy is holding. How should I go about this? Do I track twice once to get the camera track and the second to get the book tracked? How do I make the CG stick to the book that is moving do I apply the keyframes of the camera to the cg map?

The camera is on a tripod but tilts down following the action.
Any help will be appreciated.!! Thanks.

Aneks
04-12-2005, 02:33 AM
Have you really done all the tutorials ???

Shot one:

its boujou measurements other than camera data don't help that much.
Just run it through boujou and see what it comes up with first. If its not giving good results then check back with the mannual

Shot two:

Boujou is for cmaera tracking, it aint that great at object tracking. Once again look at the tuts. Mask out the guy do the camera track. Invert the mask try and get an object track. But you may just have to hand match the book in your 3d app.

CGTalk Moderation
04-12-2005, 02:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.