PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop crashing problem

dcon
04-11-2005, 05:16 AM
I recently reinstalled Photoshop 7 and am having a problem with it constantly crashing. This is odd because PS has always been stable but now all of the sudden I cant go 5 minutes without it freezing up on me. Its not a specific tool I'm using it happens at random but constantly. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Ian Jones
04-11-2005, 09:14 AM
Is it only photoshop that's crashing? let us know your system specs and operating environment... also check your free disk space.

dcon
04-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Yeah just Photoshop crashes, My system Specs are pentium 3.2 ghz, 1gig of ram, 120 gig hd(with about 105 still available) ATI Radeon x800. Its a new rig but PS was working on it fine until I reformated everything and reinstalled. It so strange because I used Photoshop every day for about the last 5 years and its never behaved like this. Everyone at work is stumped.

Viddar
04-20-2005, 12:10 AM
Are you still having problems with PS crashing?

It might be your main board. I had the same problem with 7.0 awhile back... It just started doing it out of the blue one day. (Actually, now that I think about it, I had reformatted my drive a few days prior to the constant crashing)...

After I did some digging around in the Adobe Forums (http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@368.2huXeOGQdJH.5@.ef47fb1/2), I found a thread that Chris Cox posted regarding this same thing happening. He listed several different mo-bos that this was occuring on.

In the thread (my thread, not the one in the like above. I can't find my thread at the moment) Chris explains that the computer companies have acknowledged the problem, corrected it and now only ship units with the fixed main board installed.

When I had called HP, their techs (yes, it actually came to the point that I was talking to the techs IN the warehouse that were working on my machine) didn't know of any compatibility issues involving PS and their boards...

Long story short, I finally convinced HP to get a hold of Adobe to confirm the issue was legit... After a huge battle over the phone, HP FINALLY said "my bad" and they replaced my board free of charge...

JimmiMak
04-20-2005, 10:37 AM
LOL!... check your scratch disks
l
l=> preferences>scratch disks

If your scratch disk is on the same disk as your operating system, you're pretty goosed!.. change it to a free drive (or partition your drives)...

Other than this... check your file-paging size. PM me if you get any more problems:D

Jimmi:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
04-20-2005, 10:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.