PDA

View Full Version : Mental Ray Glass

phorbidden
04-11-2005, 01:28 AM
I just recently figured out that Mental ray is AWESOME. BUT I am trying to created a nice think piece of glass that looks real. I am messing with a glass material (reflect:raytrace, refract:raytrace) and of course it just makes everything go through it, except the edges. But I have also messed with the mental ray material for glass and I am not sure what to fill the maps with?... My environment is just a big sphere with flipped normals and my object inside with a light and a camera. I might be ALMOST there, but I am wanted to hear from the MASTERS :) freakin genius 12 year olds :). Anyways, please let me know if you could offer some suggestions. I need it to look REAL!!!
:scream:

SoLiTuDe
04-12-2005, 05:20 AM
if ur using mental ray, def. go ahead and use the mr glass (physics phen). material It should prove to be better, and/or use an architectural glass material You will have fewer options, but generally better and quicker to achieve results. With the mr glass, light persistance is the glass color, but there aren't any spots for using a material or anything. In the architectural material, pick glass-clear then you can use a diffuse map for the glass if you wanted to... i'm sure there's a way to add maps to the mr glass, but I dunno... I'm sure you could do it with mr connection or something... anyway... make sure you check out: http://www.jeffpatton.net/ cause he's da sheezy when it comes to mr and especially mr materials --check out the mr materials thread in here under the max resources!

CGTalk Moderation
04-12-2005, 05:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.