View Full Version : what to buy $200 Gforce FX or a $200 Quadro FX

ElTordo
04-10-2005, 07:47 PM
I dont undertand the diference betwen the quadro and the regular Fx series
what do u recomend for beginers

ktamiola
04-11-2005, 07:33 AM
Hi...

First of all if You are a beginner buy GForce XXX card. Why ? Because it offers better raw performance (than entry quadro cards that cost even more) and it can be soft moded to quadro equivalent - for more info check : www.guru3d.com (http://www.guru3d.com/) (section RIva Tuner). The main difference is price and drivers. Quadros are much more expensive, however their drivers are optimized for Pro Apps like 3d Max or Softimage. The main benefit is better quality of viewport, support for some extensions and stability which is probably the most important future. It is wise to mention that installation of quadro drivers boosts viewing performance, however it is not a general rule and it strongly depends on 3d application . Summing up, I think You should buy GeForce 6xxx card and try to softmod it... For 200$ You could only afford QuadroFX 500 or 540 (I don't know the exact price) which is entry level card and may not satisfy Your needs or expected viewport performance.

Good luck!

Camil,

One more thing, this topic was disscussed previously. You will find many interesting details in the technical section of this forum...

Once again, good luck ... and welcome to the CGTalk :thumbsup:

ElTordo
04-13-2005, 01:58 AM
that realy help.. i was lost HardcoreHardware is not mi best
again tanks

"3d to the 3rd wold"

asdfas
04-13-2005, 02:20 PM
i say geforce.. thats what ive got and its great!

Morillo
04-14-2005, 01:17 PM
Buy a gf fx59xx series gard and turn it to Quadro 3000 (softquadro) (with detonator 45.28)

I'm using such version long--works great with maxtreme drivers
specviewperf shows lot more performance in CAD applications.Newer 6xxx series is little hard to softmode--but i don't know maybey powerful gpu (not moded) are same performance as 59xx softmoded

if U use only GF --maxtreme drivers can't be installed!!

CGTalk Moderation
04-14-2005, 01:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.