PDA

View Full Version : want to know good hardware for animation

mmoby
04-10-2005, 02:40 PM
AMD Athlon with MP 2800 processor is good for animation , or AMD Athlon 64 FX processor is better. can anyone tell me the good hardware...for my system. i want to buy a good system for Animation. (complete support Maya & 3ds Max) , MSI & Tyan motherboards good for graphics? please please help me.......

ktamiola
04-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Hi...

If I were You I would go for Athlon 64 let's say 3500 or 3800 or wait for the decrease of the prices for FX series. As for the graphic card I would invest in nVIdia GPU. Depending on Your budget: (big amount of money: Quadro FX) small one (GeFroce FX 6xxx series), 6600 GT would be a good start point. As for the ram - 1GB is minimum. HDD: If You have "thick wallet" You can buy 10k rpm WD raptors and build raid 0 array for the system and other apps, and additional Maxtor HDDs for data storage and renderings. I do not know what are You interested in ... What I meant was what kind of animation ? If You are interested in character animation such a system would be enough. It should be also able to run some particle/colision dynamics. However if You would like to play with AI animations/crowd You should look for dual CPU system... As for that, search this forum... There were very many interesting configurations listed and also compatybility problems discussed... You should find what You seek for ...

Good luck ...

Camil

CGTalk Moderation
04-10-2005, 02:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.