PDA

View Full Version : merging objects

Kananga
09-30-2002, 10:49 PM
Hi
If I merge a model into another scene file, and it appears with bits rotated all ove the place, completely whacko. And, even worse, when I load the original file that I tried to merge, its become screwed in the same way.

I tried setting up the merged file so all the transforms are frozen etc. I tried grouping the model I'm planning to merge. I made the file as clean/simple as I could. Didnt help.

To explain, Im merging a head into a scene file which has the body, so I can join them up. I merge the head, and its components go off in weird directions.?:surprised

Coming from max, I assume the merging system works differently in XSI. Can anyone explain this to me.

ggg
10-01-2002, 04:04 AM
to test and trace the distortion try
-putting just the head object only in a new modelnull, grouping the model you're plannignto merge probably wouldn't help here
-freezing the objects stacks, not just its transforms

then if it the merge works go back and freeze less of the stack each time to see which is causing your issue and correct it, some ops like lattice effects when you scale the model parent will "screw things up"

Kananga
10-01-2002, 06:14 AM
I'll give that a go thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.