PDA

View Full Version : 3d car composite

jribbe1
04-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am about to work on a music video in which the singers want to have 3 cars in the video. A mercedes SLR, Enzo Ferrari, and a 2006 Bentley. We will be modeling all 3 of these cars and customizing each one. I was wondering if i could get some direction as to the best direction on how to composite the cars into the video. The 3d cars will be sitting in the driveway to a real mansion while the singers are doing their thing in front. What would be the best way and workflow to incorporate these 3d models into the scene? I am assuming they would need to shoot 2 shots of video, one with the singers and no cars and then just the same shot with no one in it which we will render the cars in that shot. Any direction and help is appreciated. Thanks. I will be using combustion 4 and max 7

Hugh
04-09-2005, 06:33 PM
I'd actually suggest shooting the singers against blue/green-screen - otherwise you're going to have a fun time rotoing them to put the cars behind them...

Make sure you've got an HDR environment map of the area around where each car will be (To be honest, I'd suggest getting one for each car)

hiphopcr
04-09-2005, 07:23 PM
Are your shots still or moving? If they're still it's a lot easier, just make sure you get the camera and lighting info right so the cars looks like they match the scene. If you're moving the camera than get some tracking markers on the ground. If you can get the singers on a greenscreen that will be the easiest as long as (once again) the lighting and the colors match.

Good luck!

jribbe1
04-09-2005, 07:27 PM
i will have more info on whether the shots will be still or moving. More than likely it i would assume the camera for this scene will sit in one spot and just be looking straight at the rappers while they do their thing in front of the cars. HDRI will be used for that scene as well to give the cars the correct lighting.

jribbe1
04-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Ok, I talked with the producers and we are going to have the rappers shot on a greenscreen. We are going to go to the location first to see what the lighting will be like and make adjustments in the greenscreen room. Once I have the greenscreen footage, we will just shoot a background plate with the mansion where the cars will be and composite the greenscreen footage on top, then color correct it. Does that sound like the correct order of operation?

Hugh
04-11-2005, 05:36 PM
I'd definately suggest shooting your outdoors footage first, so you can then match the lighting when you get to the studio...

You don't want to end up with your mansion having the sun coming in from one side, while your rappers are lit from the other...

CGTalk Moderation
04-11-2005, 05:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.