PDA

View Full Version : Musician available

the japanarian
04-09-2005, 04:57 AM
Hello there ladies and gentleman. I am a musician who would love to work with an animator or animators. Here is a sample of what I do:

http://snow.prohosting.com/istok/

As I was working on this piece of music, it occurred to me that a story might work well with it. For a split second I considered doing everything myself, but then I came back down to terra firma and realized how incredibly bold that would be. While taking a break from the track, I surfed around to see if there were any animators out there that were at the same stage in the pursuit of their own passion: learning their craft. I’ve seen the stuff you guys have done here and I am blown away. You see, I am a huge fan of animation. And being a computer geek, it’s only natural that I hold computer animation in the highest regard. I’m the kind of guy who clicks through sequences frame by frame to pick out the subtleties of a scene in a movie. I know that my music isn’t quite the stuff you hear in clubs. I’ve always wanted to be involved somehow with the visual…and I love the thought of telling a story. I figured the next step would be to see if I am good enough to convince any of you guys(or gals) to work with me. An opportunity to become a part of your scene. Everything you see below the ads posted by my “economical” choice of webhost, I’ve created myself(with a little help from some tutorials of course;)). I’m willing to do whatever it takes to promote a collaborative project. Anyway, I may be well out of my league for asking, but I just thought it would be really cool to work with some of you guys. All constructive comments are welcome.

Taro Istok

japanarian@gmail.com

icelemon
04-09-2005, 08:19 PM
i can feel your spirits
maybe if you post what tools you know to use
your current style and the style you are looking to work with
may give people a better understanding

the japanarian
04-10-2005, 05:43 PM
Hey there icelemon. Thanks for the reply. Just to be clear, I'm not an animator. Mostly just a music hack. But to answer your questions the player is Flash and the looping animation was created with Bryce 5. I'm not sure if I understand your meaning of the term "style", but I dressed up my track with the visual with the intention of expressing my own style. I'm not sure if I'm looking to work with any particular style, I'm just hoping to hear from artists who think my work would fit with their own. Hope this helps.

The J

mmhnemo
04-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Hi,

im sorry but i cant get the URL you posted to load the embedded .swf file.
Was it taken down?

the japanarian
04-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Thank you Nicholas for bringing this to my attention. My sincerest apologies for all who've had trouble loading the site. This is the first instance that I have been aware of any problems with this webhost. I've just checked it myself and I'm having similar issues. I guess I'm pretty much getting my money's worth aren't I? Needless to say, I am severly disappointed with prohosting.com. I'll be looking into switching "free" webhosts. If anyone is aware of a more reliable one, please don't keep it to yourself. I hope you will all bear with me and return when I've gotten the problem sorted out. I would very much like to vent some of my frustrations with this webhost by expressing my dissatisfaction with a number of vulgarities. However, in order to prevent getting footwear squarely on my posterior for the purpose of projectile motion, I will keep all comments regarding questionable parentage and comparisons to bodily parts to myself. If you're considering using the same webhost, consider carefully.

The J

CGTalk Moderation
04-11-2005, 05:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.