PDA

View Full Version : Modifier Keys Don't Work

tatiana
04-09-2005, 01:16 AM
I'm sharing a solution to a problem I had that started 2 weeks ago with Photoshop CS and Illustrator.

I don't know if anyone else working with Photoshop CS on a Mac with OSX has run into this issue where your keyboard shortcuts using the Option key, Shift key, or spacebar no longer work...

But in case you have, I finally found the fix this morning while I was at work after another artist suddenly had the same issue and was freaking out (this after beating my head against my monitor for the past 2 weeks and no help from our IT department who are Mac agnostics - why then is the art department stuck with using Macs...OK, OK, that is separate issue....<sigh>).

Anyways, here's a link to the Adobe document that has the info: a quick fix as well as a long-term solution:

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/330664.html

I post this info here in the hope that another Photoshop user doesn't have to put up with such a silly problem (Microsoft's Entourage conflicting with Adobe software), and because I was so happy to find a fix that actually worked. :bounce:

t

CGTalk Moderation
04-09-2005, 01:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.