PDA

View Full Version : how to save only one part of a sliced image?

saiko
04-08-2005, 11:21 PM
hello....

instead of saving all the slices,
is it possible to save only one part of a sliced image in photoshop or imageready,

thank u
saiko

theGuest
04-09-2005, 07:11 AM
Yeah sure...

Just turn on "Snap to Guides/Slices", use the rectangle selection tool to select that slice section, press Ctrl+Shift+C (copy merged), open a new doc and paste. Then save.

Other than that... no.

:bounce:

saiko
04-09-2005, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the reply....
Just turn on "Snap to Guides/Slices", use the rectangle selection tool to select that slice section, press Ctrl+Shift+C (copy merged), open a new doc and paste. Then save.

Other than that... no.

are u sure? there is no other short-cuts?
it is one of the most required function fot web designers.......

there is an option in imageready to save perticular slides...but it can save only in GIF format :shrug:.

theGuest
04-10-2005, 04:51 AM
Actually i'd think that you would have more than just the Gif option to save your slices out as. I'd check that again to be really sure.

And yes, i'm pretty sure that's about the only method. BUT... that's in PS. IR has a few more 'extended' options that PS doesn't have where slices and generating html code are concerned. So have a look through IR's menus, there may be something that will suit your need.

saiko
04-11-2005, 10:27 AM
Actually i'd think that you would have more than just the Gif option to save your slices out as. I'd check that again to be really sure.

And yes, i'm pretty sure that's about the only method. BUT... that's in PS. IR has a few more 'extended' options that PS doesn't have where slices and generating html code are concerned. So have a look through IR's menus, there may be something that will suit your need.

thanks again....but what's IR:blush:.

theGuest
04-11-2005, 12:02 PM
IR = Image Ready ;)

:bounce:

poprez
04-13-2005, 11:32 AM
hi,
if u like, try ctrl+shift+alt+s it'll save your pic for web after u select your slice ,hit save button you 'll have 4 menus, in Save type as select Images only, in Slices select Selected slices then save it u 'll have new folder named images it contains your image.

saiko
04-14-2005, 05:37 AM
welcome to CGTalk!
your suggestion rocked!! thats exactly what i was looking for.:buttrock:

don't know why i didnt notice it:banghead::banghead:.

CGTalk Moderation
04-14-2005, 05:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.