PDA

View Full Version : Business Minded LWavers

richcz3
04-08-2005, 05:34 PM
I follow the legal and market trends in technology, cable, and Internet communications allot. If anyone has seen the recent Yahoo news, they are pushing more for original programming. There's allot of statisitcs on the decline of TV viewership especially amongst key viewing demographics. Yahoo, web based companies, and even cell phone are working look to build inroads in combined services.

If anyone is a freelancer or runs a business using Lightwave and would like to participate in a round table discussion on how to offer and produce original content through one channel accross multiple mediums. Contact me or respond to this post.

If you're in the Los Angeles area or South of Santa Monica that would be great. I would like to offer a meeting of minds here in my office in Torrance.
Pizza and beverages on me.

TIA

mdurwin
07-05-2005, 06:59 PM
I wish I was in LA. I'm in Boston and a Lightwave/After Effects animator. Soon it won't matter where I am though will it?!
If you get something set up, like an online channel, keep me in mind. I'm sorting through about a half-dozen 20-120 minute pieces to start shooting them out here rather than try and sell them to the remake-retards in Hollywood. I've got a love story, drama, horror story, sci-fi times 3, and many, many tattered pieces I'm starting to weave together because I think that the time is almost here for the masses to start programming their own tv. At least guys like Spielberg and Lucas have taught us some handy lessons, like product placement, merchandise tie-in, rights control, etc.

madkarma
07-05-2005, 09:18 PM
Intresting
I would like to be a part of this discussion aswell

richcz3
07-05-2005, 10:08 PM
I'm amking my last attempts to enlighten some people in the LA area. PM's and emails out today. It's encouraging that others see the possibilities.

The Networks are the logical next step.
Here's an example of a new upstart. See LINK (http://current.tv/)
Even AOL is making a play in this game. LINK (http://apnews.excite.com/article/20050705/D8B5FT9G0.html)

I don't know how well independants like Current.tv will fair against Yahoo and Verizon, but whereever the talent organizes, they will pull the most weight to help shape how new programs are produced.

CGTalk Moderation
07-05-2005, 10:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.