PDA

View Full Version : Geometry ROP

chaoticbob
04-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to export some particle data out so I can use for a school project. I read througha few tutorials on how to export the data via a Geometry ROP. But when I go to the Output section, I cannot seem to locate the Geometry ROP. I'm using Houdini Apprentice. What am I doing in correctly?

Thanks.

vrljc
04-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Unfortunately the Geometry ROP is not included in the apprentice version.

-jon

MCronin
04-08-2005, 11:02 PM
Yes the geometry ROP is missing however you can still export geometry. You have two choices, step through the animation and right click on the SOP you want to export at each frame and select "export geometry". The other option would be to write a script, it should only take a line or two. Maybe later when I get home I'll post a script that will do it.

dantea
04-09-2005, 02:49 AM
I think I've seen that script on the odforce or sidefx forums. Try searching there.

jiversen
04-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Perhaps you could ask your school to buy a couple of educational licenses? Houdini Apprentice is the least "crippled" of all the free versions but there are a couple of useful features that you could be missing out on; such as the GeometryROP.

CGTalk Moderation
04-10-2005, 06:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.