PDA

View Full Version : Layered shaders ?

tachy0n
09-30-2002, 02:04 PM
Does LW have any way to layer shaders ? I'm making a wooden chest

with brass trimming, and i can't figure out anyway to layer the

brass material patterns on top of the wood. Some other way to do this (without having to model everything i hope) ?

-thanks

red_oddity
09-30-2002, 02:43 PM
Are you using shaders or do you use textures? (with textures it's just a way of stacking your materials with alpha layers...with shaders...don't try...or you have to cut the trimming loose and give it another surface name)

Eugeny
09-30-2002, 02:50 PM
U can Bake shader and use baked image as texture in texture editor like layer in P-shop ...

red_oddity
09-30-2002, 03:23 PM
Might as well post this, might explain it a bit clearer (i hope i'm not breaking the CGTalk rules concerning attached images...delete the image if i am and i'll post it on an other server)

The texture channel contains 3 layers, the first is a wood texture, the second is a Procedural texture (a Value texture with a brassy color) and the 3rd layer is the Alpha channel (a grey color photoshopped image with the text 'Brass')

The reflection channel only uses the texture photoshopped 'Brass' image (set to 50 precent layer opacity (so it reflects a bit))

The bump map contains 2 layers, the wood texture layer (with a small Texture Amplitude), and the 'Brass' texture (with a high Texture Amplitude

tachy0n
09-30-2002, 07:17 PM
Thanks guys.. That helps, i'll try it out.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.