PDA

View Full Version : rendering textures and tongue rigs

DrAdamDinosaur
04-08-2005, 02:57 AM
I have a gradient texture made up for a simple eye but it won't show up in the view port without a render. I know you can render the texture to the mesh but I can't figure out how.

Also, on the same character I am about t o creat a rig for his tongue. I want it to be able to stretch and flap about but cant really think of a way to make a good rig for it. Anyone been through this before? Can people give me a few ideas as to how to go about this?

Thanks everyone

Adam

JDex
04-08-2005, 03:00 AM
Procedurals do not show up in the viewport to the best of my knowledge.

Can't help on the tongue (yet).

DrAdamDinosaur
04-08-2005, 05:46 AM
also, one other quick question, can someone please tell me the hot keys for changing between wireframe, hidden line, shaded, etc viewport modes. Thanks.

nate363636
04-08-2005, 06:39 AM
I know if you middle click the view port-after you have switch from on to the other is a quicker way. Middle click on any command and it will redo what you had done last.

4 example you got from shader to wire and what to got back to shader-middle click the drop menu... I hope you understand--not sure if there is any quicker way...useful for a lot og other things. Like the g key in Maya

zaam
04-08-2005, 08:17 PM
I needed a tongue rig for a frog a while back I was working inLightwave at the time. In my situation, no one single rig did everything that I wanted, so I wound up using multiple rigs and modifying my shot selections to allow for seamless swithching. One thing i would have liked a lot would have been XSI's spine rig. That would have solved loads of problems.

Best of luck.

DrAdamDinosaur
04-10-2005, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the help. I've decided I'll go to a completely fk rig and animate the tongue position to make it come out of the mouth. A little extra work but should be worth it.

Still interested if anyone knows shortcuts to switching betwen display modes.

CGTalk Moderation
04-10-2005, 12:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.