PDA

View Full Version : Daily sketch group "Voting gallery"

jud
04-07-2005, 11:10 PM
I have looked in the daily sketch forum to post this but there is no thread relating to "Forum suggestions" so I hope it is okay to post here.
I have just finished voting for the sketch of the week and I went through each post and looked at each submission and then made my decision per topic, when I was done about 1 hour had passed, so I thought it would be a good idea to have a "Daily sketch group Voting gallery"
I think this would speed up the voting process and all votes would be counted automatically and all submissions would be posted as thumbnails per topic in the "Voting gallery" linking to each image, a bit like how the challenges are done, maybe you could take a little bit of that formatting and give it to the daily sketch group as they seem like a bunch worthy of a "Voting gallery"

Anyway I would love to hear your thoughts, comments, ideas, whatever?

And don't forget to vote!!

Leonard
04-07-2005, 11:27 PM
Good suggestion. We're actually going to make the DSG's more formalised soon. Good one.
Leo

jud
04-07-2005, 11:38 PM
That's great news Leo, I have just joined the DSG and there are days when I can't wait for the next topic, I am starting to get that "stopping of time" feeling back when working on something and the practice is helping alot too, anyway it's great to hear about the formalisation.......and eh.........

you forgot to vote!..sorry!!!

Art2
04-08-2005, 09:27 AM
Hey Jud guess you're hooked :D !

The formalisation sounds great. This would definately give the DSG a boost. It's good to hear and see the growing and continuing support from the community. DSG is one of those little gems here at CGTalk, it's good people recognize that.

Garma
04-08-2005, 10:02 AM
Good suggestion. We're actually going to make the DSG's more formalised soon. Good one.
Leo

w00t that's really good news :)
thanks Leo, cgtalk is really becoming more and more professional lately :thumbsup:

Gord-MacDonald
04-10-2005, 04:00 AM
As long as people don't start getting too serious about the "voting" aspect, and loose sight of the great, supportive, friendly, fun community that is IMO the essence of DSG

Gord

Ronski
04-10-2005, 01:10 PM
As long as people don't start getting too serious about the "voting" aspect, and loose sight of the great, supportive, friendly, fun community that is IMO the essence of DSG
hear hear :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Kieron

element5
04-10-2005, 02:44 PM

Gord

I agree :) Thats where an incouragement award and level-up comes into it. Even though being nominated is nice, for me its just being involved and doing art away from my graphic interests...refining my skills. Here's to Fun fun fun and new friends...
:beer:

LadyMedusa
04-12-2005, 08:42 AM

Gord
Indeed to that

jud
01-19-2006, 11:28 PM
Just thought this might need to be resurected, new year, new start and all that.

So come on people, give us your vote for a worth while cause, give the DSG a "voting gallery".

jud
01-13-2007, 03:49 PM
I agree with u all that the DSG should remain a fun and freindly environment, but every week votes are cast, and i am just saying that as long as there is a voting in place then why not just make it easier to view the images and cast a vote, im not saying that its a contest to win a prize its just a bit of fun and good practice, and having a voting gallery would just make the voting process easier and quicker.
And maybe the other groups that do weekly or monthly challenges could also have a voting gallery.

Sorry for resurecting an old thread but i just think it's a good idea.

Mu
03-20-2007, 10:13 AM
*joins in the resurrection saying that the voting system or the lack thereof annoys the hell out of him*

CGTalk Moderation
03-20-2007, 10:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.