PDA

View Full Version : Max and Vue5I

AnthonyC
04-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Hi All,

I just recieved my Vue5I software today! I managed to test it out with it's camera syncronization from max...The only thing is that (from the max VueSynch window) it's only outputing a Duration of 3.33 sec. My max timeline is from 0-300. So when I synch the Vue cam, it gets cut off and stops at 3.33 sec. How do I increase the duration?

The other thing I came across was when I would import my 3ds teapots into vue, it would come in as a solid box in the viewport, but during rendering it comes out fine. Is there something in the options that I need to check?

Otherwise, I put together a composite of simple still image with max objects and a few vue trees and terrain. I wasn't happy with the aliasing of rla/rpf files, but I did get a clean alpha channel when using the Multi-Pass Buffer and placing my max imported objects a seperate layer and enabling it's layer mask. Works almost like a matte material!

If anyone can offer some advice with my other problems, I would totally appreciate it.

off to the book!!

videodv
04-08-2005, 07:22 AM
Sorry I can help you on the max questions, just go to the top of the window where the icons are and click on the left most one (view display options) and you can set the display options from there.

videodv.

AnthonyC
04-08-2005, 02:32 PM
I tried the different display options but 3ds imported geometry still shows up as a box. I've attached a screenshot to show you what I'm talking about. The trees show up as wireframe, but the teapots show up as if (display as box) was enabled.

Thanks,

AnthonyC
04-08-2005, 03:51 PM
I ended up pressing (restore options to default) and that fixed my viewport problem....

Still can't figure out what's wrong with the camera sync from max to vue. No matter how many frames I change the scene to, it wont refresh the duration...it's locked at 101 frames and 3.33 duration....

Cheers!

videodv
04-08-2005, 07:19 PM
Still can't figure out what's wrong with the camera sync from max to vue. No matter how many frames I change the scene to, it wont refresh the duration...it's locked at 101 frames and 3.33 duration....

Cheers!

Have you tried draging the camera end position to the right on the timeline.

videodv.

AnthonyC
04-08-2005, 07:50 PM
Hi DV,

The only way I was able to change the number of frames is to initially set the number at the start of the scene file. I wonder if any other max users have come across this?

Thanks for your help by the way!

Next thing to figure out is how to make a transparent object that casts shadows AND gets picked up in it's layer mask. Looks like all the tools are there. Its a pretty cool program, I'm glad I got it.

Cheers!

hugodog
04-09-2005, 03:50 PM
I was using Vue4Pro and I got the same 101 frames problem when
syncing. I didn't know how to get around that one. I was hoping
Vue5I would not have the same problem.

:(

AnthonyC
04-11-2005, 06:49 PM
ok...all this time I was changing the range from the time configuration dialog...when I was suppose to be changing it in the rendering configurations window. So now it all works like it should...

CGTalk Moderation
04-11-2005, 06:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.