PDA

View Full Version : Character: queen Sheba

Stephanj
09-30-2002, 08:31 AM
Herewith a character model called Sheba. She's the Biblical queen of Sheba in Solomon's times and she's dressed in battle atire ! She's walking inside an abandoned castle's storeroom and is about to be attacked by a fierce creature...

Software: 3D Studio Max 4, Photoshop 6, Character Studio.

The model has been converted for a game mod player for the famous ID software's Quake III arena. She's currently hosted as pic of the week on polycount.com.

mfalcon
10-05-2002, 05:07 PM
aww man.................that is cool......she looks great man, seriously............cant say much bad.maybe someone else can see a peob, but certainly not me..........10 thumbs up!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
(jus think 2 each, lol)

SheepFactory
10-05-2002, 05:51 PM
good model & textures , but I seriously dont see her fighting with that long sword , what with her thin arms and legs ? :)

james_martin
10-05-2002, 08:15 PM
the queen of sheba, if your trying to be even moderately accurate, was in the old testement. thats BC, well BCE these days, but in any case If i recall i dont think they had chain mail and such before the birth of Christ. You have her dressed for the dark ages. looks like

Vovik3D
10-06-2002, 03:57 PM
face is no beauty work is this face more qween most be beautiful

Zastrozzi
10-06-2002, 06:17 PM
Well I'm sorry to break it to you but that really isn'that great a model. The textures are nice but her porportions are so outa wack that she is barley desernable as human. you might also want to try giving her legs more definition as they currently look like they were simply extruded. The last thing that i will comment on for now is the lack of a sence of weight. Try to think about how the character would be affected by gravity and keep her balanced. I realize that this is a game model and needs to maintain a relativly low poly count but you could spend them inn much better places. Anyways that just my two cents sorry for being such a harsh critic but its the only way people get better.

rason
10-06-2002, 06:30 PM
look great

i just think that her arm and legs are to thin, but the uniform and such is great

Ryan-B
10-06-2002, 09:51 PM
The proportions are off. I agree with the comments about the legs.

This character could never exist in the era of Solomon. The clothing, sword, and setting are more suited to a Dungeons and Dragons game.

The stone texture in the background is a mess.

The Queen of Sheba is always described as being dark skinned.

Her face and hair are well done.

Stephanj
10-07-2002, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the input. Can't keep everyone happy though.

Just what exactly is a mess about the stone texture ??

(Glad I didn't say it's the queen of America...)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.