PDA

View Full Version : rendering in viewport

tornado12345
04-07-2005, 12:59 PM
Is there a way to render a part of the picture in viewport itself in max. I have seen in maya and xsi u can select some part of the scene by just dragging and whenever u make some changes that part is updated it is a very good way to improve scene without waiting for long hours. Even if u make any chang to the light or material that part will update itself.
I know about activeshade in max but that works with scanline render but in maya and xsi this thing is done with mentalray I think they call it hypershade in maya.

gardocki
04-15-2005, 07:40 PM
Max approximates the "Hypershade" feature with their "ActiveShade", which can either be made a separate window or one of the viewports, but it isn't directly editable. There is no feature, unfortunately, which allows you to just drag an area in a viewport and render it directly in that same viewport.

tornado12345
04-16-2005, 11:33 AM
Active shade dosen't works with Other renderers like brazil, mental ray or vray. Is there a way to tweak your settings and get update in the rendering window as soon as u do that. Any script to do that can writing such a script be a very tedious process, if I try to write one myself?

tornado12345
04-16-2005, 11:34 AM
***edited***

CGTalk Moderation
04-16-2005, 11:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.