PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Flip in AE

rosem
04-07-2005, 03:12 AM
Alright, yet another AE question for everyone.

Say I made a postcard in photoshop ( http://www.rosem.com/work/ferris ) and I want to make it flip (like you are flipping it over to look at the other side). Is this something you could do in AE? I tried messing around with the prospective in photoshop, and I got it to work kind of - but I'm sure you should be able to do it better in some other program that supports 3D (like AE)

Any help on this would be GREATLY apreshiated.

Thanks,
Mike

Ques
04-07-2005, 08:36 AM
Yes you can do that very easily in AE.

Just import the file.
Ad a camera layer (you don't need to do anything with the camera but you need it for the 3d layer to work)
turn the fle you imported into a 3d layer
rotate the image. (x,y and/or z axis witch one you prefer)
and you'r done!!

rosem
04-07-2005, 04:23 PM
alright, I was kind of on the right track :)

BUT , I can't get any key frames to come up to do the animation, I can rotate it how I want, but I don't get the animation from origional to new perspective.

How do I set the key frames?

AAAron
04-07-2005, 04:53 PM
alright, I was kind of on the right track :)

BUT , I can't get any key frames to come up to do the animation, I can rotate it how I want, but I don't get the animation from origional to new perspective.

How do I set the key frames?

afx got two types of rotation, the first is orientation and the second is rotation. You have probobly keyframed rotation and then moved the orientation. In the tool menu, when you select the rotationtool, you also got the option to choose if the tool should affect rotaton or orientation. Go with the rotation option.

rosem
04-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Alright, I got it! Thanks everyone!

http://www.rosem.com/work/random/postcard.html

Here is a preview.

Now one more question, does anyone know how to reverse a .mov / quicktime video using a video editing program or AE so I can have it flip back to the other side again.

Thanks,
Mike

Ques
04-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Alright, I got it! Thanks everyone!

http://www.rosem.com/work/random/postcard.html

Here is a preview.

Now one more question, does anyone know how to reverse a .mov / quicktime video using a video editing program or AE so I can have it flip back to the other side again.

Thanks,
Mike

The easiest way is to select the keyframes you made and then press right mouse button then youl will see an option that says something like "reverse keyframes in time"

rosem
04-07-2005, 07:38 PM
cool, thanks!

Is there an easy way to select all of the keyframes on the timeline?

Ques
04-08-2005, 11:58 AM
cool, thanks!

Is there an easy way to select all of the keyframes on the timeline?

No prob!

You can do that quite easy by pressing shift while you're clicking on each keyframe (Don't use the control key while clickig, because that will change the ease of your keyframes!) Or you can press the mouse button and drag over all of the keyframes while you keeping it pressed..

phooey74
04-10-2005, 04:38 AM
I believe the card wipe or card dance will let you select which layer is on each side. It's a pretty easy way to set up this effect. Good luck.

rosem
04-10-2005, 08:20 PM
I believe the card wipe or card dance will let you select which layer is on each side. It's a pretty easy way to set up this effect. Good luck.

Can I get some more information on these techniques.

AAAron
04-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Can I get some more information on these techniques.

Check afx helpfiles for, card dance and card wipe, that should give you the info you need.

CGTalk Moderation
04-11-2005, 01:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.