PDA

View Full Version : Text Effects

sphere
09-30-2002, 02:45 AM
Sorry, I am new to Combustion, so be nice :wavey:

I've worked through some of the tutorials that come with Combustion, however I still can't find out how to change/edit the default text that comes with the text effects.

I add a new particle layer then select the text effect and add an emitter. The problem is that the text says 'Illusion'. How do I change that?

- Thanks

Fede
09-30-2002, 07:20 AM
Howzit,

Don't worry dude, you have come to the right place. Mia casa is sua casa. We are all pretty much new to something so don't be shy to ask questions.

What you need to do is fairly simple. I don't have C* here at the moment so i will not be able to take you step by step till tomorrow.

But for now, i'll give you some tips as far as i can remember so that you can look around and play.

First of all it's not text based, so you can't edit that text. You will need a black and white image, as far as i remember it can be pretty much any time of file even a .mov, i think. Make the image white on black.

Use any image based editing software to create your own text and save it some where.

Use one of the text based particles and go to the option where you can choose the emitter time. On the right hand side or under the emitter types there should be a button that says swap or choose and from there you choose the image you have previously made.

If you don't come write let me know and i'll write a small tut for you tonight.

Later

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.