PDA

View Full Version : Billboards and toons

Flog
04-06-2005, 09:39 PM
I was wondering if anyone has used the animated billboard feature in Infinite.
I'm want to combine a 3d cel shaded animation with Vue backgrounds, I want it to interact, the program I am using doesn't work with Vue but will export an animation. I was wondering if using billboard would look good.

The billboard examples used off of E-ons sight don't look so hot, color is off and looks to much like cutouts except for the fire animation.

I'm just wondering how it would look with a character not a fire.

Can someone who has infinite do a quick example?

Preferably toon shaded character

I just want to see if there is a way to get the lighting to match.

Thanks

Mike.H
04-07-2005, 07:43 AM
bilboards and animated texture maps(rotoscoping) arent realy the same thing (in my opinion).

However as for the cut out looking style of the bilboard female i do agree but that would probably have more to do with the photoshop skills of the artist or the original resource (the photo).

So if you have a cell shaded 3d animation that will in my opinion work real good but then again itīs more up to you the user then the software how it turns out, yet again in my opinion.

So to sum it up according to me you should be just fine with what you are trying to do.

CGTalk Moderation
04-07-2005, 07:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.