PDA

View Full Version : still life in brazil

cloak
12-19-2001, 12:20 PM
http://texturedump.sabren.com/temp/breakfast.JPG

I'd like to get your input on this scene - the jar at the top (greenish) is temporary, but I'm satisfied with everything else except:

the orange juice - I've messed with this *a lot* and had others look at it, and the wall I keep hitting is that I can't get it to look translucent in *this* scene - the materail tests I've done stand-alone, that is, not in this scene, look pretty good. But when it comes into this scene, well, the lighting and the glass give it that metallic look...

Also, on the bagel, that's supposed to be cream-cheese, but it looks more like mayonaise in my opinion...

: /

Suggestions for changes and anything else that might look good in this still life are appreciated.

Cloak

cloak
12-19-2001, 05:09 PM
wow, that bad? oof.

lildragon
12-19-2001, 05:22 PM
as requested, has been moved to Critiques for better exposure ;)

very nice image I might add, but you need more shadows under the glass with the orange liquid, the mug and the bagel and plate, other than that, awesome ;)

chrom
12-19-2001, 05:28 PM
no no, its not bad

---------------------

my opinion is add more dirt on the table texture and make this tissue like a cloth

anyway add dirt to all materials, more aged view
like the keys on the table - its perfect

and try to render with vray:)

cheers
.chrom

Taoizm
12-19-2001, 05:29 PM
I think Lildragon hit it right on. The biggest thing missing from the image are shadows. It's almost as though everything is floating a little bit. The keys, lighter, and cigs look really good. The coffee could use some steam, and I'm not sure what the thing behind it is. The napkin is also lacking any depth. Overall a really good start. :D How long did it take to render, and at what settings?

parallax
12-19-2001, 06:44 PM
very good, but the napkin/tissue thingy is kinda flat, and the texture seems not properly applied (or is it folded??)

cloak
12-19-2001, 09:27 PM
erm... I.. *AM* a moron.... Didn't see the critique section.

The napkin (this is conjecture, have to check) lost it's UVW map (or it was lost in the stack below something ; )

Thanks for all the C&C folks! I'm in the process of moving back to texas, but as soon as I get a chance, I'll address everything and post an update.

I'll also post the brazil specs then.

Happy Holidays!

CLOAK

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.