PDA

View Full Version : viewpoint shadings

Raptor235
09-29-2002, 07:49 PM
Can I assign a short cut to change the current view to shaded or wireframe or any of the shading options? in maya I can press any # to change the viewpoint shading how can I do the same in xsi?

Atyss
09-30-2002, 01:31 AM
Create a script (open the script editor to get the logged command when you perform the display change), then create a custom keyboard map, then assign a key to the command the script created.

Bernard Lebel

Raptor235
09-30-2002, 01:40 AM
I have no idea how to make the script be executed by a keystrokre I have been looking a lot for how to do that but I don't know

Atyss
09-30-2002, 02:09 AM
Ok it goes like this:

First, open the Script Editor. In the upper window, commands executed by the software are logged. All you have to do is to change the display of a window, and it will be logged in the Script Editor.

For instance, changing the view to Shaded will record this command:
SetDisplayMode "Camera", "shaded"

Now, create a custom toolbar. Do View > Custom Toolbar > New Toolbar. Enter a name.

Then, select the logged command in the Script Editor, drag and drop it onto the toolbar. A window will pop up. Give meaningful names everywhere. Just remember that in the Script Command Name (the second field) you can't enter spaces. Give a good location for the script to be saved.

Click Ok.

Now, go into File > Keyboard Mapping
Create a new map, give a name.
In the left column, select Custom Script Commands.
In the right column, scroll until you find the command you created (this was the name you entered in the second field when you created the button).
Drag this name onto a key of your choice (you might check Ctrl, Alt or Shift key before). Click Ok.

Et voilą.

Hope this helps
Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

Mr. Cadillac
10-02-2002, 06:48 AM
Did you know the middle mouse button repeats last command in most XSI things? Change your veiwport settings between, say, wireframe and shaded... Then you can hover over that little tab on the viewport and Middle click- it will toggle between the two views... Not the same as Maya but quick 'n' dirty to go between two views.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.