PDA

View Full Version : Motion trail on sword

allain skywalker
04-06-2005, 06:42 AM
Im just wondering if how will I achieve this kind of effects in my sword duel. My character has sword and everytime he wips his sword a sword trail appears.

roguenroll
04-11-2005, 06:23 PM
check out some 'rotoscoping' tutorials, like lightsaber effect only much more subdued, unless you want the lightsaber effect. You'll be animating a mask and appling an effect to it, unless you can some how key the sword ( i m not to knowledgable about that technique).

falconWolf703
04-30-2005, 04:57 PM
http://ryanw.michaelfrisk.com/ryan-w/tutorials_sabers.html <--This tutorial, IMO, is the end-all be-all tutorial on lightsabers, which is similar to the effect you're looking for. It's also some good practice on rotoscoping.

http://ryanw.michaelfrisk.com/ryan-w/tutorials_sabers2.html <--This page is an extension on the first page.

If you're looking for sword trails, you can play around with the Echo plugin found in A.E.

artisanfx
05-02-2005, 10:15 AM
Im just wondering if how will I achieve this kind of effects in my sword duel. My character has sword and everytime he wips his sword a sword trail appears.

sorry but i didn understund what you correctly looking for but it seems you want to do a motion trial effect on the sword, if so you can do the trial effect easy with >Studio Effects - FE time blend< or >Next Effects - Wide time< both are from "final effect"
but if you need to just apply the trial effect to the sword then, you need also to make a mat for the sword thats means you need to rotoscoping the sword to make the trial effect aplplyed just to the sword

hope that helps ya :)

Khalor
05-04-2005, 10:27 AM
You could try roto-masking the sword, then moving that layer's time back slightly. Do this with several layers to create a ghostly image of the sword (lower the opacity of each layer, with the most delayed one being the most transparent)

CGTalk Moderation
05-04-2005, 10:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.