PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Occlusion Pass

Shervin
04-06-2005, 12:40 AM
Hi

I'm using Turtle renderer for maya to render Occulsion Pass. I was wondering if there's anyway to use that Occ-pass inside aftereffects and Multiply it on top of the Software render. Basically with Mental Ray this is very easy because the Occ-pass is a B&W image that can be multiplied on top of another layer. However, Occ-pass of Turtle is rendered in the form of a normal color map and then the actual useful Occ-pass is stored as an alpha channel. So basically my question is if there is anyway to Multiply the alpha channel of an image on top of the underneath layer?

Thanks
Shervin

oodle
04-06-2005, 04:36 AM
u could open the file with fcheck, press a to display its alpha then save it to other name.
u get the alpha as color

mart1jn
04-06-2005, 03:43 PM
You can also use the effect 'shift channels'.
Set Red, Green and Blue to alpha, and make the alpha 'full on'

Shervin
04-06-2005, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the replies

Mart1jn, that works in AfterEffects. Thank you so much.

Oodle, that Fcheck is a good way but fro some reasons when I save it as IFF, there's nothing in the file. Also when I save it as TGA, then a blue color is also saved with it, so now I have the Alpha channel but it's colored!

Shervin

oodle
04-08-2005, 07:33 AM
thats strange :shrug:
works with me all the time
i use fcheck that came with maya 6.5 though
but then again shift channel works :thumbsup: no need extra work with fcheck

Rapier
04-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Could you not also use the aplha channel as a track matte for a black, white, or gray solid layer?

CGTalk Moderation
04-11-2005, 06:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.