PDA

View Full Version : Wacom 6D art pen

sand dragon
04-05-2005, 06:56 PM
The Wacom 6D Art Pen works in conjunction with Painter IX and the Intuos 3 graphics tablet. More details and a free brush pack for use with the art pen can be downloaded from here (http://www.corel.com/painterix/lp/wacom_6d_pen/index.html).

There is also a link to an associated Macworld article here (http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/04/04/painter/index.php).

David

Lunatique
04-06-2005, 04:58 AM
That tip looks awfully short--almost retracted into the pen barrel. I wonder how that would feel when using it. I'm tempted to get one.

delunchen
04-21-2005, 06:06 PM
omg, this is the type of pen im hoping for in painter!!!

it probably wroks great with my fac brush, the palette knife.
too bad it is a intuos3 pen and im a intuos2 owner....

ryders
04-24-2005, 02:35 AM
Would be dope if the thing was truely recognized by painter IX, the pressure sensitivity doesn't seem to be working. I'll prick up the airbrush and the grip pen... Pressure is fine, but I try with the art pen... No sensitivity. New wacom drivers and all.

Anyone else experiencing this?

virgo1
05-02-2005, 01:05 AM
I got the 6D art pen Friday & downloaded the brushes soon after. I'm just a beginner with Painter IX and don't have much experience yet. So far the new pen is responsive to tilt & pressure (Murphy, get out of here). It's worked with the brush variants that I have tried. It comes with 4 nibs, 3 felt & 1 plastic.

I also got the classic pen since the grip pen came with the tablet and while trying both of them out this afternoon something neat happened. I was using colored pencil and found that each pen can be set with a different pencil stroke. Three pens, three strokes. This might be a different thread, but I thought it was way cool. I just clicked the stroke with a pen, clicked another stroke with a different pen and when I changed pens the stroke changed too. Tried it with the third pen and got a third stroke.

Should this be a new thread? I'm a new member and still learning the ropes.

CGTalk Moderation
05-02-2005, 01:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.