PDA

View Full Version : a very noob question, how to do this one in photoshop?

archie1181
04-05-2005, 10:52 AM
how will i make this in photoshop:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/nemesis2k4/sphere.jpg

advance thanks. :)

Skjoldbroder
04-05-2005, 11:42 AM
there are any number of ways. you could use the circular selection tool to create a circle, then select a smaller segment of the circle, delete it, use a layer style to get it slightly embossed (which would give you one ring) - and then repeat the process to get more rings.
In the end you could either paint in the black shadow on top on a separate layer or mask it out or just plain delete it.

but it's not like you can just press a 'make that' button. =)

archie1181
04-05-2005, 11:55 AM
oh btw, the filter used there is the "Distort > Polar Coordinates". i just don't know what shape will i apply the filter on to get a perfect circle. =)

XepptizZ
04-05-2005, 02:57 PM
Hee, I once read a tut on makin a very cewl bubble using polar coordinates.

Keej. Use a black background and add somethin in it, I added a lensflare with all the basic settings.

Then do a >Polair to Rectangulair.

Rotate canvas 180 degrees and now do a Rectangualair to Polair and voila!

This is what I got in a minute and I also used the circular selection tool to get a nice sharp edge.

little5points
04-05-2005, 11:16 PM
oh btw, the filter used there is the "Distort > Polar Coordinates". i just don't know what shape will i apply the filter on to get a perfect circle. =)

Draw a rectangle that stretches across your canvas (side to side) and the apply the Polar Coordinates filter

archie1181
04-06-2005, 10:49 AM
thanks little5points. that did the trick!:) thanks for all the replies guys!:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
04-06-2005, 10:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.