PDA

View Full Version : advanced methods for integrating 3d into maya live

davidfro
04-05-2005, 05:07 AM
Hey, I have an important job I'm working on right now where I need to track live footage in Maya Live and have some stand in geometry, (provided by the client of course) correspond to the tracking points from maya live. We will be turning around and using the stand in ground plane to place 3d objects on. So all I really need is a ground plane that convincingly mimics the real perspective/look of the shot. I've got the tracking done beautifully the problem arises when I try to use the constraint options to make the tracking points actually fit in 3d where they are really supposed to go. Without changing them, the tracking doesn't really do me any good because the perspectives are completely different looking. I need to get going on this project really quick, so if anyone has any suggestions on how to go about this, I would really appreciate some help. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who are somewhat lost on what to do beyond tracking the points in Live, as the documentation isn't quite as clear after that point. There is also a lack of information in this area on the internet. Again, thanks for any help you can provide.

Davido Hyer

Chinamation Studios

CGTalk Moderation
04-05-2005, 05:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.