PDA

View Full Version : Fullscreen View background colour ?

Emmanuel
04-04-2005, 08:55 PM
Hi painters !

Just purchased my second copy of Painter, my first painter was 5, now I bought
Painter 8 :)
I gotta question, is it possible to change the light grey background colour in fullscreen
view mode ? The thing about Photoshop I love is that in fullscreen the background
is black, which it what I prefer because it shows me the values in my paintings better
than Painter's grey....

Jinbrown
04-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Hi,

Not in Painter 8.

In Painter IX, we can choose a custom color for the image window background.

Sorry. :(

Emmanuel
04-05-2005, 11:42 AM
Hi !

Thanks for the kind and quick reply !
I plan to upgrade to Painter 9.x this year anyway (thats why I purchased 8 in the first place), so its good to hear this issue
has been solved :)
I am waiting for maintenance patches, though, because initial releases tend to be...Ya know ;)....

Thanks again !

Drevious
04-05-2005, 12:35 PM
in painter 6, Edit > Preferences > Interface > backgruond color
so i suppose that in other painters, even in this shitty 9 you can also do it.

best regards

Emmanuel
04-05-2005, 04:41 PM
Hmmm, thats weird, is that a Mac-specific feature ?
I just can not find this thing in my windows painter 8 ....
There's quite a bunch of adjustments, but not the bg colour.
I guess its Mac OS specific.
I seem to remember that a buddy o' mine once mentioned something simliar
for Photoshop on Mac vs PC (where You couldn't see the cursor on a 50%
grey background on PC, but You could see it on Mac)...last try: maybe You could
mail be a screeny where that button is shown and compare it to my Painter version...?
Would be very nice of You !!
E-Mail is: EHenn@gmx.de

Thanks !

Drevious
04-05-2005, 05:18 PM
im using windows.

there is some "interface options" in Edit bar in p8? i cant believe there is no such a option...
but search for something like "Palettes and UI", this is how it calls in p9. Then u have "use current color as background"

if this wont help i`ll email you, but i think its pointless

make a report

Emmanuel
04-05-2005, 08:24 PM
No way.
I checked both the printed manual, the pdf, the on-line help and again quite seriously the Painter GUI (which I know for some time now), and with the 8.1 update the "Palette" option appeared but alas, there are only two minor options about custom palettes, IIRC.
Nope, can't change the colour of the BG in fullscreen :)

Jinbrown
04-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Hi folks,

I've checked in Painter versions 5.0.3, 6.1, 7.1.357, 8.1, and Painter IX and all but Painter 8.1 allow us to change the image window background color:

In Painter 5.0.3 (and possibly in Painter 5 without the 5.0.3 patch installed), we can use the current color (chosen in the Art Materials Colors section) for the image window background. Use Edit > Preferences > Interface....

In Painter 6.1 (and possibly in Painter 6 without the 6.1 patch installed), we can use the current color (chosen in the Art Materials Colors section) for the image window background. Use Edit > Preferences > Interface....

In Painter 7.1.357 (and possibly in Painter 7 without the Painter 7.1 Update installed), we can use the current color (chosen in the Art Materials Colors section) for the image window background. Use Edit > Preferences > Interface....

In Painter 8.1 (and possibly in Painter 8 without the Painter 8.1 patch installed), we cannot change the image window background color.

In Painter IX we can change the image window background color: Use Edit > Preferences > Palettes and UI... , click the Custom Color button, and choose the color from the Color dialog box.

CGTalk Moderation
04-06-2005, 07:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.