PDA

View Full Version : Quadro 4 and games

Ckerr812
09-29-2002, 04:02 AM
Hi all.

I have a question, I am going to order a Dell Precision Workstation with a Quadro 4 in it. I was wondering, will I be able to play games on it? Or will it kinda freeze up, my old comp at work had a quadro 2, and some games worked and some didn't, it was kinda like roll the dice. Anyone have this card, and play games like Warcraft3, or Quake 3 on it?

Just like to know, although it will be mostly a work machine, a guy needs something to do when he's bored:D

GregHess
09-30-2002, 07:37 PM
Should work fine kerr.

If you have any problems it will most likely be due to drivers and not the actual card, though if problems present themselves, you can always disable the advanced features of the quadro card in the nvidia rollout.

Ckerr812
09-30-2002, 08:15 PM
Right, you know what, with my quadro 2, I tried to disable the extra options, but for some reason the odd game would just freeze at random points.

Oh well, not much you can do, I actually called the Blizzard tech support about it, and I think I fried the poor girls brain, she had no idea what a quadro board was let alone how to fix it freezing up. I just got the usaull, it's not supported routine. Maybe I'll try installing just the regular Geforce drivers on it for fun and see what happens.

Oh well, works great in maya....that's all that counts, guess when the game freezes up that's my que to get back to work :D

derelict
10-01-2002, 05:38 AM
Actually the quad is a gforce with marketing attach to it.:) meaning you could use it as a gamecard i suppose. But, why do you want to do that? pc games in general use unorthodox ways to push the envelop of the pc constrains which they usually by installing funny stuff in your system. what you will end up is a very cranky system at the end of the day.

Hmm... there is a workaround though, partition your main drive and install 2 bootable OSes on your box. One for whatever and the other for strictly 3D stuff. This way you have the best of both world in one box. :)

Dere

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.