PDA

View Full Version : A little help if possible.

XepptizZ
04-04-2005, 01:58 AM
This is what I'vve managed to make, but I want it to be a sequence so it's like the light behind the text moves from the far left to the far right (like in teh intro intro of the serie "Smallville") , but this thing alone takes way to long to make and if I've gotta do taht like 60 times to make a movie of it, well, I'm not very comfortable with that ammount of time.

So is there a quiker way or can I set up processes (scripts I dunno) so PS CS does it for me? Or will I need the help of a modeller?

stallion151
04-04-2005, 02:54 AM
use image-ready to animate the light layer or plugin that you used to get the flare.

little5points
04-04-2005, 04:09 AM
That's going to be a challenge in Photoshop. AfterEffects...no problem...but to build this frame by frame?

The only thing I can think of is to have 2 layers: one with the effect you have and one without. Then you use a layer mask that reveals the area where you want the light to show through. Then move the layer mask from one side of the text to the other.

XepptizZ
04-04-2005, 06:02 AM
Blah, I guess I'll need to check out image ready.

Anyways. This is How I planned to make it to go from one side to the other. The filter I used was Radial Blur but I had to duplicate and merge layers and keep appplying it to get it strong enough.

To make it look like the lightsource is moving from one side to the other I'll just need to add a lot of pixels to the left or right of the text so that the center of the radial Blur isn't directly behind the text. And after I repeat the duplicating layers and using radial blur I can just remove the added pixels. I need it in seperate frames (60 or something close to taht) so it's already gonna be a lot of work as it is even though it's not complicated at all to make it does need way to much actions for just one frame already.

Maybe I need to find a way to intensify the rays without duplicating layers and merging them and so on.

EDIT; So aftereffects is some program that can just do this? Is it a pricy program?

little5points
04-04-2005, 04:53 PM
EDIT; So aftereffects is some program that can just do this? Is it a pricy program?

AfterEffects isn't an easy or cheap program. But I'm sure there's other video programs out there that do this specific type effect, and probably don't cost as much.

I don't think ImageReady can do what you are asking. It can compile frames to make an animated gif, but I don't think it will do the effect for you.

You would probably have better help in the video or animation forums.

NitroLiq
04-04-2005, 06:46 PM
What you're looking for is Trapcode's "Shine" plugin (http://www.trapcode.com/products_shine.html) for Discreet Combustion, Adobe Premiere, or Adobe After Effects. Do it in one of those then output as single image files if you need an image sequence. Will save you much time and effort.

XepptizZ
04-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Thank You!!! That's just exactly what I need! Now I can throw away my crap sequence wich took me 4 huors! LoL.

Thnx, it really lookds sweet and uber easy! Now to get Adobe after effects, Hmmm.

XepptizZ
04-20-2005, 11:41 PM
I've just "mastered" the automating sequence and it makes it a lot easier in PS. :)

XepptizZ
05-27-2005, 03:01 PM
I dislike making new threads and clogging up the forum.

So.

Here's a new question I need an answer for.

When resizing, deleting or most of the other things, PS will "Soften" the image. Like when you draw a line there wil be s very slight gradient between the line and the background. This is very annoying when I work on a pixelar scale. Is there any option to disable it/

stallion151
05-29-2005, 11:05 PM
in your preferences, under general>image interpolation

change that to nearest neighbour and the image won't interpolate, hence no blurring.

biffen
05-31-2005, 09:06 PM
To do that in AfterEffects, you'll need to first buy it AND a trapcode plug-in. If you wanted to, you could make a Photoshop action that makes the image then saves its. And you could adjust your filter settings each iteration.

Then animate in Image Ready or whatever.

Just an alternative.

XepptizZ
06-01-2005, 01:13 AM
To do that in AfterEffects, you'll need to first buy it AND a trapcode plug-in. If you wanted to, you could make a Photoshop action that makes the image then saves its. And you could adjust your filter settings each iteration.

Then animate in Image Ready or whatever.

Just an alternative.

Yeah, taht's what I'm doing now.

I've made an action wich makes the effect. I start with alwasy the same text file and then add pixels on one side with canvas size, afterwards I remove them again )also automated) and save as. This way the text is always perfectly centered and the naimation is the animation really flows.

This is my best test so far, but I'm prolly going to add some more animations init to make the text look more clear or last longer to read.

http://img47.echo.cx/img47/5072/theprophecyiii9dz.gif

aldog
06-01-2005, 05:37 AM
wow, that looks amazing, I can't believe that's all automated.
bravo!

scrimski
06-01-2005, 10:20 AM
Pretty neat for Photoshop, would you like to share the action-file?

XepptizZ
06-01-2005, 03:59 PM
Cewl, you guys like it! That must mean I did something good.

Anyways. I did have to manual set the first canvas size, wich was different for every frame and I had to hit the play action button around 128 times, still. It took me less time then how I did it first.

I'd be glad to share the action file, just tell me where to find it and also if it matters that I've got a dutch version rather than an englisch version (wich is really annoying as most tutorials are in english).

scrimski
06-01-2005, 04:07 PM
Search the Photoshop-folder for the file suffix *.atn, if you saved your action, then it should be there.

XepptizZ
06-01-2005, 05:37 PM
Ah, OK. Hmm. Now just how to save it :)

AlbertHallX
06-06-2005, 12:27 AM
Not like I helped out in anyway.
Or really had anything to contribute .

But that is a Sweet animation !:thumbsup:

lokki
06-06-2005, 05:53 AM
Since you've automated the process and discovered that the trick is to slide the text behind the center point, you should be able to take it a step further and turn it into a batch action. Consider...

Create one text file with the widest canvas you think you'll need, with the text all the way to one extreme in your animation (say, all the way to the right, so your first letter is centered how you want it). Save the original, and create a duplicate, complete with text layer, but no ray effect, yet. Create an action that moves the text over some small amount to the left, saves a duplicate with layers, then moves the text again, saves a copy, etc... I think there's a way to do a specified number of steps, but can't remember how.

Once you have that action, you can then tack on your blur action to the end (you can actually include one action in another, IIRC). If you leave them as separate, you can simply create all your duplicates in one folder, then operate your blur action as a batch on that folder, which might give you more flexibility.

XepptizZ
06-07-2005, 12:37 AM
Hmmm, well. Just moving the text won't really work as I want the text to be centered eventually. That means taht at the end of it all I still need to resize the canvases, but now each one seperatly and on both sides. What I did was set the right size at the start so taht one side is longer and at the end the canvas size is automaticly set back so I get teh text centered again.

There should really be an action wich allows you to just add a certain amount of pixels at a certain side.

Anyways, at the end of the whole automation it would also set it to indexed colour and give it a homemade pallet wich gives it the blueish hue.

I'm still unsuccesfull at batchin the thing.

CGTalk Moderation
06-07-2005, 12:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.