PDA

View Full Version : Waldo the Roller-skate Tyrant - 2 large images (150k)

Ancient-Pig
09-28-2002, 07:39 PM
Hello all..has been a while since I have posted on here...Anyhow, here is my latest endeavor. His name is Waldo, and he likes to terrorize the neighborhood children by hissing at them while chasing them down the block in his roller skate...

Sorry for the large image sizes..I didnt want to lose resolution on anything..I bet the 'low bandwidth brothas' are thinking that an Ancient-Piggy ham sandwich is soundin mighty fine at the moment...

Lemme know what ya think :)

http://uploader.axsstudios.com/images/waldo3.jpg

and

http://uploader.axsstudios.com/images/waldo4.jpg

Gilgamesh
09-28-2002, 07:49 PM
AWE-SOME textures! Is this meant to be a real-time model? What is the poly count? Very nice work, this guy kicks ass. He's dying to be animated.

wedge
09-28-2002, 07:51 PM
wow those are AWESOME textures, but the low-poly model doesn't really do them justice!

Ancient-Pig
09-29-2002, 06:47 AM
Hey thanks guys..glad you all like him :)

He was a lot of work (mainly the sheets of course)...I suppose he could be for a game, however me giving him 3 512x512 sheets is a little over the top. I could have gotten away with only using 2 maps, but since this is going in my portfolio I want it to look nice.

The count is somewhere in the neighborhood of 2600 tris...I put a great deal of tris into the wheels; I wanted them to look nice and round in their silhouette..

Anyhow, glad ya dig him :):bounce:

Frank Dodd
09-29-2002, 01:00 PM
I'm on a modem and I dont have problems with these images poped up nice and quickly. Its a great character and I like the model and texture.

Any chance of an image rendered with some more moody lighting?

dosadi
10-01-2002, 09:24 PM
This is one of the best low poly characters I've seen in a long time. The textures are sweet! The character design is also VERY original. I get so tired of seeing the same kinds of re-hashed big guys with guns etc.. I've been looking hard for something to critique and haven't found anything. The only thing I'm wondering about is his method of movement. Does he wiggle his torso/neck to scoot the rollerskate? I would LOVE to see an animation.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.