PDA

View Full Version : 12 second short racecar anim

yenvalmar
04-03-2005, 10:34 AM
featuring the car and driver model from my other thread, http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=218603

http://www.yenvalmar.com/commercial/rendered/animation/movies/racecar_divx.avi

this was done as a corporate promo in vietnam last year.

RickJohnston
04-03-2005, 05:02 PM
pretty cool, i liked the motion blur effect on the lights at the end. Did you do everything for the clip?

yenvalmar
04-03-2005, 08:06 PM
c title. that light effect was done partially by the compositor. i rendered out a separate pass with just the lights at an extreme blur setting and he put it together in afterFX. hehe.

boxcrash
04-03-2005, 09:17 PM
It is pretty cool, one thing why does he pull his goggles down and say lets go then, acelerate for a second then brake and spin out?

If he was already running would'nt he pull off his goggles then brake and spin out?? It looks like he was gunning along and hit a oil slick and spins out and looses control.

Not sure, would be backwards, zoom in with the goggles on and then pull the goggles off and come to a sliding stop. Cause its not like he runs a lap and then spins out for a finish.

Other than that looks pretty good.

yenvalmar
04-03-2005, 10:02 PM
hahaha. what he is saying is actually "xin chao", however, which means "wassuup" or something like that, in vietnamese. if you are observant, that is also what is says on the license place! wacky huh. i don't have the vietnamese voice track, unfortunately. they did sound for it that i thought was so-so, i didnt like the voice actor they used either, so i just left the sound off. however, it still makes no sense. it just makes less no sense than before. :) or maybe the nonsense is more internally consistent at least. i mean, why is the stadium empty too. there are many questions.

(answer: lack of time)

CGTalk Moderation
04-03-2005, 10:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.