PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Two Effects - particles / bluur

bricolagezero
04-03-2005, 09:37 AM
There is a Russian design company called NTV Design and I'm always amazed with their work... One particular piece is this one: http://www.ntvdesign.ru/pages/prerelease/ntv/video/vbd_07.htm

- Does anyone know how to do the stretch-blur effect they have on the title letters (at the end). Is it a combination of having the letters gradually draw themselves and a regular motion blur? I also noticed a new MTV2 promo uses the same effect on letters and images, if anyone caught that.

- Also, what plug-in is available to re-create the particle effect used when he strikes through with his pen and causes pieces to fly off.

Thanks in advance.

mexxmillion
04-05-2005, 06:38 AM
hi..
for the stretch letter motion blur effects u seen at the last a few frames, i'd do these..
1.create an animation of the letter layer in Y axis pretty fast and turn on motion blur.
2.Precomp this to another comp and reverse that layer animation so that the layer look still.
...there u get a motion blur on a still object(text). :)

for the particle effects.. i m not sure of any AE plug in can do that.. but i'd go for 3d.. may b i will camera project the video to a 3d surface which is sliced up and converted to cloth and blown them with a force (eg. wind).
render and recomposited back in AE.

hope these help

Papigiulio
04-05-2005, 08:40 AM
woah thats a very nice movie. Especiallywhen his pen touches the paper and its shreds is a cool effect.

As for the letter animation, hmmz there are two different shots in the movie. 1 with the entire letter being extruded to the top and after that the shot where only the top part is being extruded and blurred. From which the last one is easiest to do.

For the particle effect, mexx is right, you could use 3d, but I heard theres also a plugin called 'Particular' from trapcode, maybe you should try messing around with that!

artisanfx
04-05-2005, 10:00 AM
for the stretch letter i guess there used walker effect > Crazy Strippes
but for the particle effect i am not sure if that what use in after effect it looks like it was done in any 3d apz

CGTalk Moderation
04-05-2005, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.