PDA

View Full Version : still: Armada

eliseu gouveia
09-28-2002, 04:17 PM
A 12 hours work in Max.

ARMADA (http://www.posergallery.com/images/2421.jpg)

Thanks AWOL, for allowing me to park these Stardestroyers at your rPosergallery.

C&C welcomed.

Thanks

mfalcon
09-29-2002, 07:18 AM
Man, this is awesome.....i love spaceships n such n this is brilliant........howd u create ur background, btw? n love ur cruisers, very organic design with all the bumps n curves......beautiful

Frank Dodd
09-29-2002, 12:17 PM
This images won't be to everyones tastes, but I like the organic shape and design in the vehicles they are unusual and imaginative. It would be nice to see this moving in animation.

I think the lighting is the first real problem the lighting on the ships doesn't look right for the backdrop and environment you have them in. The engines on the vehicles don't look properly attached to the hulls and I don't like the thin bar on the fighters it gives them a 'headphone' look.

However good effort it looks like it was fun to do.

aurora
09-29-2002, 03:20 PM
I'm always a sucker for organic looking ships and these are pretty good. One thing I would seriously look at would be to added some nurnies to the ships to add some detail or something. They, even though are organic shaped, are still to plastic looking to me. I also agree you try doing something more with the that thin bar going up and over the fighters. I'm asuming they contain weapons of some sort. Try beefing it up just a bit. Just my TCW, but I do like.:beer:

stephen2002
09-29-2002, 03:25 PM
the ships look very intresting. They look to be a big fase, I can spot a nose, a mouth, and what looks like the eye brow area. Intresting design.

The background is nice, it looks like a combination of CG flares and a real picture.

phoenix
09-29-2002, 04:20 PM
nice ships but i have problem with the texture.......it looks little unrealistic......

eliseu gouveia
09-29-2002, 07:07 PM
Thanks to all of you.

mfalcon, the background was a Hubble photo from a Nasa site that I treated in Photoshop.

Frank Dodd, thanks for the input on the ways to improvemy work, namely the lighting bit.
That canon rail on the fighters will be the first thing to go :) .

Aurora, you are right about the plastic feel in the vessels, I have a long way to go until I can texture reallistically.

stephen2002, thatnks. Itīs funny what different people see when looking at these ships, over here people associated them to certain falic objects. Go figure...

Thanks to you too, Phoenix.

piajartist
09-30-2002, 04:42 AM
the texturs are very intersesting and unique and as for the models of the ships they remind me of the ambigiously gay duo mobile on SNL, just a ridiculous observation

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.