PDA

View Full Version : Problems with SynthEyes exporting to Maya

Renderizer
04-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Hi all,

to start with: consider me an absolute noob in all things matchmoving...

Well...I just worked through the automatic tracking tutorial and after some trial and error, I managed to find the right (y-up) settings for Maya (finding the right coordinates actually kept me busy for some time, mind you!).

Now, when I import the maya scene file, I get the message that some errors have occured, and that I'll find further details in the script editor. Problem is that there are no details to be found in that said script editor.

Anyway: even though I get this error message, Maya still imports the scene.

On comes the next problem: after placing some objects in the scene to test the result and scrubbng through the timeline, these objects appear to swim.

When I export the scene, SynthEyes recommends to override the aperture to 0.816in. If I leave the original setting intact, the objects sit nicely in the scene, but the blackplate gets squeezed horizontally and leaves me with a black border.

BTW: this is Maya 6.0.1

Pfffft...rather epic story, eh?

Anyone here with some really clever ideas, please?
Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2005, 10:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.