PDA

View Full Version : still : Lego Car

hannibar
09-28-2002, 10:54 AM
A lego car I modelled in blender and rendered in lightflow.

http://users.pandora.be/willem.packet1/lego_auto_lf.jpg

http://users.pandora.be/willem.packet1/lego_auto.html

I first builded a large lego library with all the pieces I would need, the I started building the model. Took about two weeks in total (about 1.5 hours work per day).

I'm still thinking about a good background, but I can't come up with anything.

Comments are more then welcome

Stimpy
09-28-2002, 11:34 AM
looks like LeoCad would be the right tool for you...

http://leocad.org/

as for your model: why not make the material a bit more reflective and hang some lightboxes around your model, to get some nice shiny reflexes... would make the plastic material seem more realistic. right now the plastic looks kind of dull....

nice modell indeed. did you come up with it yourself or did you use one of those good old instructions on how to build them.. :D

and why not try to build a nice little lego garage/ auto shop to put it in front of.. maybe with some nice fake plastic trees...

Frank Dodd
09-28-2002, 11:41 AM
great looking lego car, nice construction and style. Well done. However I feel your plastic doesn't look plastic enough perhaps its the simplicity of the GI lighting. ( :) Thats the first time I've had to say to anyone "Make your material look more like plastic" :thumbsup: )

hannibar
09-28-2002, 11:58 AM
looks like LeoCad would be the right tool for you... Nice link. Thanks.... but I actually prefer to do everything myself :)
as for your model: why not make the material a bit more reflective and hang some lightboxes around your model, to get some nice shiny reflexes... would make the plastic material seem more realistic. right now the plastic looks kind of dull.... Thanks for the suggestion. I still need to work more an the lighting indeed. Right now I only used a lightdome to show off the model.
nice modell indeed. did you come up with it yourself or did you use one of those good old instructions on how to build them.. If I could invent such nice models myself, I would probably be working for the Lego company right now I guess ;)
and why not try to build a nice little lego garage/ auto shop to put it in front of.. maybe with some nice fake plastic trees... Good suggestion, I'll try to find such a model somewhere.

Stimpy
09-28-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by hannibar

If I could invent such nice models myself, I would probably be working for the Lego company right now I guess ;)

hmmmm.. makes me wonder what kind of people actually DO make up those models....

distortedrealty
09-28-2002, 12:55 PM
very cool :thumbsup:, BTW i have that car... it was my first lego car that i made...
one crit i have is that the texures for the car seem a bit of (spectulaity -- that kind of junk), but im sure its only because the lighting needs some work.

Keep posting!

lmc
09-28-2002, 03:15 PM
Cool, more?!:bounce: :thumbsup:

Juzz
09-28-2002, 03:44 PM
I never had any problems with coming up with great lego designs, but Lego company never offered me any work...

But as of the image, I like it. The gaps between lego blocks make it look very good. I personally like the textures. Cannot see what why the other people keep complaining about em...

stephen2002
09-28-2002, 04:08 PM
quite impressive modeling

Keep up the good work

phoenix
09-28-2002, 08:02 PM
nice work ................i never knew blender could do so much...........oh so ignorant of me.........but nice work man.......its cool

say-g
09-29-2002, 07:33 AM
ta stimpy for the link :beer:

hannibar
09-29-2002, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the replies...
nice work ................i never knew blender could do so much...........oh so ignorant of me Shame on you ...:p
ta stimpy for the link
??? What do you mean by that?

piajartist
09-30-2002, 04:43 AM
Truly good work, as I know this took you some time...the minor details like the axle of the wheels with the clip on edges brings back memories

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.