PDA

View Full Version : What do you all think of Blender 3D

williamspictures
04-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Is Blender 3D a good program? I am just starting into the 3D realm of filmmaking. I posted a thread just a short while ago about compositing a tornado in with live footage. I would like to know if Blender would be a good program to do the 3D tornado, plus all of the other elements of a disaster film.

Thanks

chrisWhite
04-03-2005, 02:51 PM
I'd say your in the wrong forum, for a question like this I'd go to the Blender forum or the General Discussions.

sundialsvc4
09-09-2005, 11:06 PM
I agree. But to give you a very short answer here ... it is an extremely good program, with the added bonus that it's free. Certainly for video work it's fine, and it's pretty much what I use. It is certainly capable of professional quality output, and implements pretty-much everything you could expect.

As with any product out there, you need to become familiar with several different products and you certainly can expect each and every studio to have standardized on something. Quite possibly something else, for whatever-reasons may have been in effect at whatever-time that decision was made.

ZaKKoS
09-09-2005, 11:12 PM
isn't it like playing god performing thread resurrection? :twisted:

CGTalk Moderation
09-09-2005, 11:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.