PDA

View Full Version : Engine Available

Bzz
03-31-2005, 08:02 PM
Hello everyone,

Sometime ago while working on my MS in Comp.Sci. I did some work with OpenGL and the result was a graphics engine. We put it into the hands of a couple of game programming classes and they actually created two playable games (albeit very simple games). The engine programming (done by myself) is really basic and geared towards the educational end-user (no you won't make blockbuster games with this). I recently opened up the source code and engine distro for everyone to use, I want to see what beginners think of it and if they find that they can write some small games quickly without too mush hassle.

The entire design is based on OOP object & behavior as there is a paper on my web site that got published describing how to model your world objects with behaviors that can be interchanged. In any case if you are interested in having a look at it its available on my site, I am looking for feedback from folks getting started with game programming/or graphics. Most classes are fully documented and the distro comes with a few samples to help you get started. If you have VS6 an Appwizard is also available.

If you download, use, modify, or create anything interesting with it please post on my blog, I'd very much like to get some feedback about it. Please keep in mind that when I created this I was a student in computer graphics with very limited time. However with the results I got from the game classes I'd like to see if it can hold water out here for people starting down this road.

You can download it off my blog, please go over all download posts to see which one is best for you, the distro comes in source format and binary with installer.

http://www.netmerlin.com/?sectionid=4

Thanks! I look forward to reading your feedback. The paper that was published as a result of this work is found as a link with the installer distro.

CGTalk Moderation
03-31-2005, 08:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.